Unique legal issues arise in the development of works of art, music, and literature. We have represented both authors and artists and those who enter contracts with authors and artists in a wide variety of matters. Our services in this area include:
- Drafting art development, commission, and work made for hire agreements
- Drafting license agreements
- Negotiating artists’ rights in artworks, including moral rights, copyrights, rights of attribution, and resale royalty rights
- Evaluating and drafting publishing agreements
- Registration of copyrights in works of art
Our attorneys have been involved for many years in California Lawyers for the Arts, and have given many presentations on legal topics of interest to artists.